One thing that can irritate anybody is waiting in the queue to finish a task. While the tradition of forming a line and waiting for your turn to finish your work such as signing up for an appointment with the doctor or completing certain formalities at the airport to get your ticket is followed all across the world, it still does not appease a lot of people who hate waiting in lines for their turn. Here are a few reasons why queues at counters are slowly fading:
• For a customer waiting for his turn at the bank or at the hospital, especially, when he is in a hurry, creates a sense of unhappiness• If there are any technical glitches, then it becomes difficult for the operator sitting behind the counter to address your query
• The probability of your documents being misplaced is high when you are dealing with a person behind the counter As a result, with the growing need for better security in companies, kiosk operations have become very popular across companies in many countries. Nowadays, a modern customer expects faster and customized service, which has propelled the integration of kiosk being set up to be part of the shifting landscape of interactive technology. The following reasons explains how kiosk operations once implemented, can improve customer satisfaction. 1) Increases efficiency, reduces lines:
• It goes without saying that nobody like a queue, especially in today’s world where everybody wants to move ahead as fast as possible. In addition, even if you have 10 employees manning the counter at your hotel to provide the fastest and most efficient service, during peak hours or rush hours, even they can’t control the incoming crowd. It is natural to see them struggling to complete orders, while the customers wait impatiently in a line. Moreover, if the customer gets angry, then they will have to bear it with a smile.
• This could all change by putting up kiosks at the entrance of your joint. Any customer who walks in can place his customized order at the kiosk, pay for it and carry the bill over to the counter. This is beneficial in two ways – the customer does not have to waste extra time in paying for the food across the counter and it reduces the process for the employees so that they can concentrate on catering the customer instead of worrying about the cash change. The process is similar to that queue management software , which also provides maximum satisfaction.
2) Empowering decision making• Interactive technology has become a way of life after the invention of android phones. Customers are very choosy about their selections and want customized services. Self-serving kiosks also provide the customer the different combinations about their food. Many kiosks have the facility of providing information of the selection such as the ingredients, calorie break-up and the other available options.
3) Reduce confrontations• There are many instances when a customer gets angry with employee and raise their voice or misbehave. This is a common sight at railway stations, hospitals and even airports. If the situation escalates, either the customer is asked to leave or the employee is asked to take a break. The situation could worsen, if the employee retaliates, thereby spoiling your brand and reputation. A kiosk will prevent social interaction and give the customer the complete satisfaction of looking at his available options of trains or flights. As a result, putting up kiosks can reduce friction, and a lot of money as there is no scope of a confrontation escalating into a full blown fight and ending up with a court case.
You vehicle is one of your costly investments and you would want it safe when you have parked in the office. There are many vehicle security systems that offer security management of your priced possession. In addition, it doubles as security at your office building, especially controlling the access of visitor vehicles. In most cases, security of commercial buildings provides car passes to employees that have their company offices situated inside the building. As a result, only those with valid passes are allowed to enter the building. However, every vehicle that enters the building will have to go through the following procedures:
a) Sniffer dogs: This procedure is commonly used in every big commercial office building as the threat perception is high in such spaces.
Trained sniffer dogs can scent and track bombs or any suspicious items that are hidden in cars. If there is a threat, then it is neutralized at the entry itself, as the vehicle is not allowed to pass. In addition, the sniffer dog that also doubles a security dog can help in holding down suspect in volatile situations.
b) Road prevention equipment: If there is a vehicle coming in high speed, this equipment is activated. In such situations, a barricade emerges from the ground, stopping the momentum of the speeding car. If the suspect tries to cross over it will be counterproductive as his car will be damaged. Road prevention equipment is only used when there is a media commotion going on at the building or when there is an attempt to forcefully enter the building by trespassers.
c) Hydraulic column system: At every high rise building, hydraulic column system works as red light or stop sign for the vehicles. Any car entering the premises has to undergo a security check and these hydraulic columns work as deterrent for vehicles.
Once the sniffer dog and security guard checks your vehicle and finds nothing suspicious, you can enter the building as the hydraulic column will go down. If a car tries to cross, it will be crushed.
d) Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANRP) system: One of leading security management technologies, ANRP is the new addition in vehicle security system. The number plate of any car entering the premises will be scanned and identified with the records immediately. This system is integrated in such a way, that it will immediately alert the security across the building and the police, as soon it recognizes a criminal or a suspect. With this, no criminal can easily enter the building. Many companies also bar a few people due to irreconcilable differences and even these people are immediately stopped from entering the office premises.
e) Vehicle tracking system: Security teams working at commercial buildings issue a disclaimer about the responsibility of the car being on the owner, but there is a sense of responsibility about the vehicle in the office premises. Vehicle tracking system provides the exact location of all cars while they are in the building. If there is any unauthorized movement, the security can be alerted immediately and any theft attempt will be foiled.
f) Barriers: These are installed at the car parking in the basement of the building. Employee cars get access easily, as they are given car pass cards but visitor vehicles have to go through another round of security check. Barriers are useful in stopping cars that are exiting the car park. If there is an attempt of kidnapping or stealing, then it can thwarted as the barriers slow down the driver and give the security guards those precious seconds to move in stop the suspect.
The surveillance industry has ameliorated from its basic of offering security to galvanizing business development with
the addition of features like the iris recognition system for personnel security recognition . In the recent years, video camera manufacturers are innovating this product to make it one of the latest disruptive commercial technologies. Companies using video surveillance are able to provide better services or products, efficient staff and even change their layouts to provide customer satisfaction. The following are the benefits of how video surveillance is an asset for business development.
Every retailer aims at selling their products to the customers by offering the latest models at the best affordable price. However, if the customers are unsatisfied, then video surveillance can aid in fixing the problem.
Customer’s shopping patterns can be noted and change in the product or service can made accordingly. Identifying the customer needs by watching the videos of the surveillance can enable the retailer to make an informed and wiser choice in selecting the brands to feature in their stores.
Retailers can keep a watch on their staff, so that there is no internal theft in their stores or shops. As a result, there are always more eyes watching the events unfolding at various levels of the shop. The employees also work more efficiently as they are aware that they are under constant scrutiny.
Customers often get upset or annoyed with the disinterest of the staff or their inappropriate behaviour. Retailers can prevent angry customers from leaving the store before things get out of hand.
Retailers can also make floor changes or layout changes by observing the consumer behaviour. If there is a brand that instantly catches the eyes of most customers, then the retailer can place the brand right at the entrance so as to entice more customers to enter their stores or shops.
Weather warnings are necessary for survival. Putting up weather cameras can be effective in raising an alarm ahead of a natural calamity.
Weather surveillance videos can not only help in alerting but in also saving lives. Once an alert sounds, evacuation processes can begin and rescue teams can be alerted.
Weather cameras also help in predicting natural calamities as it helps scientist study patterns and record the temperature levels.
For animal welfare associations, weather cameras are a blessing. During a forest fire alert or a storm alert, they can begin the evacuation and rehabilitation process for the animals near the forest regions.
As a business operator, you are always focused on making profits, expanding business and retaining customers. But these goals are normally a challenge to many which is why only a few prosper in the business sector. The problem is not little capital, the problem is incompetent planning that leads many traders to the wrong direction. Retail POS systems give you the best information regarding all the businesses statistics thereby making you to plan well and perfectly. It is for this reason that people who use point of sales systems find their business operations smoothly and efficiently. But what should your POS contain for it to serve you better? Find out below.
Sales Analysis and Reporting Feature
All profits are generated from sales, and a business success is determined by the volume of sales that it makes. If you are not in a position to know which kind of goods are bought in large numbers and which ones are selling at low numbers, it would be hard for you to plan the goods to buy. A POS system gives you all the sales data regarding the fast moving goods so that you order a large volume of these goods and maximize profits.
Customer Protection and Management
As a business person, your customers are your bosses which means you should always work to serve them better and please them. POS system should be able to keep data about clients so that you plan on the clients to be rewarded. Through this, you will create a perfect name for your business and attract more clients. Customer protection is when all the payment options are safe. Clients should be given the autonomy to choose whichever kind of payment method they are convenient to use. Make sure that the POS you are buying accepts various payment methods so as not to limit your clients.
Customer’s expectations can be managed via a emenu that provides them quickly with useful ordering information and options.
Theft Prevention and Employee Accountability
Sometimes your employees could be stealing from you, or they could be serving clients carelessly without charging them thereby making you to earn loses. POS can help you prevent this because they record all data of the product you have, who served it to clients and the expected amount. If anything goes against the records, you will have strong evince to question the transaction process. The POS records the name of the staff who served the client and the name of the goods that were served.
Eliminate the Manual Management
How many times should you remain behind after closure of a business day to analyze the inventories and products? POS can give you real-time updates on everything that you need to know regarding the business operation. You dont have to sit down with a calculator, pen and a paper to start doing calculations, you can get it all done on the point of sale software.
Install the appropriate POS softwares and you will enjoy efficient business operations that will expand your business. You will serve your clients well, and you will be able to create an outstanding reputation for yourself.
Access control system is a system that limits the access or usability of virtual or physical content or resources. The system works by a process that controls which users can be given access or granted privileges to utilize information, resources or systems.
In this era where information is power, protection of such information is of the utmost priority for most companies. Access control provides protection against hackers and intruders. This system has provisions for the protection of different kinds of information and resources. There are different types of access control to cater to the specific needs of the client. These types are as follows:-
1) Intruder detection system – when an intruder or burglar is detected by this system, the intruder alarms and motion detectors send messages or signs to the owner who can then inform the authorities or take necessary action. As these systems can be easily placed on the interior as well as the exterior of the premises or building, no one can gain access to the facility with your knowledge.
2) Gate entry – the system is tuned in such a way that all people coming in and going out of the premises can be monitored and tracked. Based on the level of security clearance, the individual can or cannot access areas with sensitive information. The movement of every individual can be monitored at any given time till the time they leave the premises.
3) Biometric systems – an ideal system for high security is what the biometric reader aims to do. Only with the assigned clearance can there be access to sensitive areas in a given building or premises. A human’s unique features like handprint, fingerprint or iris recognition system are used as the biometric readers to verify and confirm security clearance. Incorrect feeds will set off an alarm after a fixed number of attempts.
4) Camera system – video surveillance, also called CCTV (closed-circuit television). Visuals of a person’s movement can be monitored and recorded for high-security areas. Facial recognition is possible with specialized software if the CCTV camera is of a high-resolution. When the image captured resolution is high, even vehicle number plates can be easily identified.
You can be at peace when you can monitor your premises from anywhere in the world. Such advancement in technology is truly a blessing in disguise. From elementary schools to multinational companies, access control has become essential for safety and protection purposes.